Triomint will not start-up

Antworten
burrerdj

Re: Triomint will not start-up

Beitrag von burrerdj »

OK, I will replace all 9 capacitors. I am having difficulty finding large can-type replacement capacitors. Will axial capacitors of the same farad and volt rating work?

Thank you in advance

Übersetzt von Computer in Deutsch

OK, ich werde alle 9 Kondensatoren ersetzen. Ich habe Schwierigkeiten, große Ersatzkondensatoren vom Kanaltyp zu finden. Funktionieren Axialkondensatoren mit gleicher Farad- und Volt-Nennleistung?

Vielen Dank im Voraus
Zuletzt geändert von burrerdj am 16.05.2018, 22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pitbread

Beitrag von pitbread »

Better not exchange a radial cap. by an axial cap. (Well, I did this already and it worked for a while, but then I had to replace the cap. again. Maybe only the quality was not good, but not sure.) The new ones should have the same capacity (Farrad). The indicated voltage should be the same or higher.

Did you already look for them in ebay? In Germany there are often small suppliers of rare electronic articles (sometimes new old stock, NOS) who do not purchase much for shipment of small amounts. What are the specifications exactly? If you do not get them in the US, we can have a look here.
Zuletzt geändert von pitbread am 16.05.2018, 22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Merkur: Universum Bingo Gold Komet Brillant Excellent (blau) Zauberblume Super Komet (schwarz/lila) Disc (weiß/blau) Disc Olympia (blau) Super Kreuz As (1992)
Nova: Nova Triumph Doppelt-Jackpot Doppelpot Kniffi
Andere: Venus Multi Playmont Multi-Roulette (1981) Crown Jubilee Rototron Doppel-Krone NSM World Cup Rotamint Exquisit Super Rotamint Doppel-Jackpot Mint Super Hellomat Merlin

burrerdj

Beitrag von burrerdj »

Thank you for your offer. I have ordered replacement capacitors. They are radials with the same farad rating and the same or higher volt rating. My plan is to solder the negative lead unto the three-prong bases of the old capacitors. The positive lead will be soldered into the center contact point. It will look kind of funky, but if it works.....

It will be a week or so before the replacements arrive. I will let the forum know the results.

Danke für dein Angebot. Ich habe Ersatzkondensatoren bestellt. Sie sind Radials mit der gleichen Farad-Bewertung und der gleichen oder höheren Volt-Bewertung. Mein Plan ist, die negative Leitung an die dreipoligen Basen der alten Kondensatoren zu löten. Die positive Leitung wird in den mittleren Kontaktpunkt eingelötet. Es wird irgendwie funky aussehen, aber wenn es funktioniert .....

Es wird etwa eine Woche dauern, bis die Ersatzteile eintreffen. Ich werde das Forum die Ergebnisse wissen lassen.
Zuletzt geändert von burrerdj am 16.05.2018, 22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pitbread

Beitrag von pitbread »

I cannot really imagine what you are planning to do. Could you post (again) a picture of the cap you're gonna replace? Do they have three pins? The old pictures cannot not be seen (at the moment) due to the software update.
Merkur: Universum Bingo Gold Komet Brillant Excellent (blau) Zauberblume Super Komet (schwarz/lila) Disc (weiß/blau) Disc Olympia (blau) Super Kreuz As (1992)
Andere: Venus Multi Playmont Multi-Roulette (1981) Crown Jubilee Rototron Doppel-Krone NSM World Cup Rotamint Exquisit Super Rotamint Doppel-Jackpot Mint Super Hellomat Merlin

hab_noch_dm

Beitrag von hab_noch_dm »

Er lötet die Axialen einfach in die Kontakierungen der Becherkondensatoren ein. Sieht lustig aus - aber wenn´s hilft... :o)
Zuletzt geändert von hab_noch_dm am 16.05.2018, 22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

pitbread

Beitrag von pitbread »

Er schreibt aber was von 3 Pins und einer Basis wie bei Transistoren.... ::105::

burrerdj

Beitrag von burrerdj »

Sorry for the confusion. I am replacing all 9 large aluminum capacitors. They are all ROE Roederstein EGD type capacitors (1000mfd, 22000mfd, and 4700mfd) with a three pin base. Since finding exact replacements has been difficult, I have ordered radial electrolytic of the same farad and volt ratings.

Entschuldigung für die Verwirrung. Ich ersetze alle 9 großen Aluminiumkondensatoren. Sie sind alle ROE Roederstein EGD Typ Kondensatoren (1000mfd, 22000mfd und 4700mfd) mit einer 3-poligen Basis. Da es schwierig war, genaue Auswechslungen zu finden, habe ich Radialelektrolyt mit den gleichen Farad- und Voltwerten bestellt.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

burrerdj

Beitrag von burrerdj »

Hello again,

Replacing the capacitors did not resolve the problem,

I rechecked voltages at the test points and transformer. The results follow:

Test points
voltage indicated/voltage found
+34/0
48AC/53.3AC
11AC/13.3AC
+13/+17.8
11AC/14AC
+5/+5
+50/0
+5/+5
-5/-5
+24/+29
+12/+11.9
+35/0

Transformer voltages (reading the terminal strip from left to right, starting with the two yellow wires

1. +6.7
2. +6.7
3. +6.8
4. +12.1
5. +11.3
6. 0
7. 0
8. 0
9. +0.8
10. +0.8
11. 0
12. 0
13. +1.1
14. +1.1
15. +1.1

Do these readings suggest any actions?

Hallo wieder,

Das Ersetzen der Kondensatoren löste das Problem nicht,

Ich überprüfte die Spannungen an den Testpunkten und am Transformator. Die Ergebnisse folgen:

Testpunkte
Spannung angezeigt / Spannung gefunden
+34/0
48AC / 53.3AC
11AC / 13.3AC
+ 13 / + 17.8
11AC / 14AC
+ 5 / + 5
+50/0
+ 5 / + 5
-5 / -5
+ 24 / + 29
+ 12 / + 11.9
+35/0

Transformatorspannungen (Ablesen der Klemmenleiste von links nach rechts, beginnend mit den zwei gelben Adern

1. +6.7
2. +6.7
3. +6,8
4. +12.1
5. +11.3
6. 0
7. 0
8. 0
9. +0.8
10. +0.8
11. 0
12. 0
13. +1.1
14. +1.1
15. +1.1

Zeigen diese Messwerte irgendwelche Aktionen an?

whoperp

Beitrag von whoperp »

Hello,

the transformator voltage (pin 03-06) is 34VAC. What about the fuse 3 (SI3) and the rectifier (GL2)?

have a nice day

Werner

burrerdj

Beitrag von burrerdj »

All the rectifiers and fuses test good.

Are the voltages on the terminal strip next to the transformer AC or DC?

Are the numbers stamped on the metal strip above the terminal strip the expected voltages?

Any suggestions what I should try next?

Many thanks

dennis

Alle Gleichrichter und Sicherungen testen gut.

Sind die Spannungen an der Klemmleiste neben dem Transformator AC oder DC?

Sind die Zahlen, die auf dem Metallstreifen über der Klemmenleiste eingeprägt sind, die erwarteten Spannungen?

Irgendwelche Vorschläge, was ich als nächstes versuchen sollte?

Danke vielmals

Dennis

whoperp

Beitrag von whoperp »

Hello,
the first and the last DC voltages (34V and 35V)at the test points are missing in your list.
These voltages are rectified from the GL2. The rectifier is fed from the transformator voltage 34AC via fuse 3.
Measure the transformator voltage between pin 03 and pin 06 on the big plug strip (big board)This plug strip is the connection between the transformator and the big board.

Gruß

Werner

burrerdj

Beitrag von burrerdj »

The voltage across pin 3 and pin 6 is 31.9AC

Testing from pin 3 to fuse SI3 resulted in 11.3AC

Testing from pin 6 to fuse SI3 resulted in 17.4AC

Die Spannung zwischen Pin 3 und Pin 6 beträgt 31.9AC

Das Testen von Pin 3 zur Sicherung von SI3 ergab 11.3AC

Das Testen von Pin 6 zu Sicherung SI3 führte zu 17.4AC